Roof restoration can be one of the simplest ways to breathe new life into your property. A quality restoration will take decades off the look of your home and can refresh it to its former glory.
We often see signs on posts and trailers advertising: roofs cleaned & painted from $2400.00; however there are a few issues with these signs:
- FROM leaves a lot to be desired as it is just a “bait” to attract unsuspecting clients.
- There is no mention of the most important aspect of a roof restoration: repairs; without repairs, any painting is as good as useless as the roof will leak if not repaired.
- They don’t display ABN, License number, website etc, the things that denote credibility.
How much will a roof restoration cost?
While a roof restoration generally costs between $3,000 – $7,000, there is no one-size-fits-all answer.
With that said, it’s also not overly complicated.
There are just a few key things that will impact the cost of a roof restoration. We’ve outlined them here to help you understand the different factors involved.
Top 3 Factors in Roof Restoration Cost:
Roof Restoration Cost Factor Number 1: The Size Of Your Home
This one almost goes without saying, right? The square meterage of your roof will largely determine the cost of your roof restoration.
However, did you know your roof restoration cost could also be impacted by the height of your home? If you are in a two or three storey place, there are additional safety requirements that need to be met (such as guardrails).
Any reputable roof restoration company will take that into account when drawing up a quote for you.
Roof Restoration Cost Factor Number 2: Current Roof Condition
Some roofs will have only one or two small problem areas, while others may have a lot of areas requiring work.
Equally, the older the roof the more repair work will be required (such as re-bedding, re-pointing, rust treatment, replacing tiles, valleys etc). Roofs that have been previously painted will require a second clean (when roof is dry) to remove any unstable/loose paint flakes and a sealer/binder to be applied, preventing the edges of the old paint from curling up post-application of the new roof membrane and achieving a good finish.
These factors will play a part in determining the overall cost of a roof restoration.
Roof Restoration Cost Factor Number 3: Quality Can’t Be Faked
Roof restoration costs more when using quality materials – there are no two ways about it. But ask anyone who knows roofing – they’ll tell you it is money well spent.
People associate paint with aesthetics, and they’re not wrong – a newly painted roof will have your neighbours talking. (Just look at our before and after pics here.) But when it comes to roof restoration, paint is much more than just looks. Especially in Brisbane.
Roof paint serves as a protective layer. Known as ‘membrane paint’, it protects your roof from the elements. A high-quality product is critical to the success of your roof restoration.
Some are designed to enhance waterproofing; some are designed to reflect heat.
Like everything of value, you get what you pay for when it comes to roof paints.
Roof Restoration Costs In Black And White
These are the three main factors that contribute to roof restoration costs. As we said earlier, you are looking at between $2000 – $7000, which could be broadly broken down into the following:
- Roof restoration cost for a small house: +- $2900–$3600
- Roof restoration cost for a medium house: +- $3700–$5000
- Roof restoration cost for a large house: +- $5000–$7000
These costs will obviously change based on the quality of the restoration, the size of the house and the roof’s current condition.
Roof Restoration Cost Hot Tip!
Brisbane weather, with its fierce sunshine, tropical rain and epic hailstorms, will make short work of any roof restoration that isn’t done with quality materials and expert craftmanship.
So – before you do anything – make sure you’re going with a company you can trust.
They should be well-established and well-reviewed.
Why Choose Brisbane Roof And Paint?
We are accredited master painters and members of Master Painters Association with over 30 years of commercial and residential roof restoration experience.
That’s 30 years dedicated to creating superior roof restorations based on quality craftmanship.
A picture is worth a thousand words, so check out our before and after photos and you’ll understand why our customers are so happy they chose Brisbane Roof and Paint for their roof restorations.
Roof Restoration Costs – Things You Should Know…
Here are a few things to keep in mind if you’re thinking about a Roof Restoration in Brisbane:
- Roof restoration costs will generally be a fraction of the cost of a roof replacement.
- Roof restorations change based on where you are because they need to take weather and climate into account: if you’re in Brisbane, Brisbane Roof and Paint have got you covered.
- Experience counts: look at testimonials from past clients to know whether a company’s roof restoration costs are worth it.
- Planning on selling? The cost of roof restoration is money well spent if you’re thinking of putting your house on the market – it’s one of the most immediate ways to update your home and show prospective buyers that you’ve looked after your property.
- Remember – you don’t want just painters, you want roof restoration experts. Quality workmanship and attention to detail make all the difference.
- A quality roof restoration should last at least 10 years. That’s why at Brisbane Roof and Paint we have a ten-year guarantee on our work. No gimmicks. Just quality work, guaranteed.
Getting Started On Your Roof Restoration
At Brisbane Roof and Paint we provide transparent, all-inclusive quotes so you know upfront what your roof restoration will cost. We won’t hit you with ‘extras’ or hidden surprises: we just provide value for money.
Our quote won’t make you choose between quality and affordability: with Brisbane Roof and Paint you’ll be getting the best of both.
You know you’re in expert hands with Brisbane Roof and Paint.